How To Export Halal Ice Cream As A Small Business?
- Get a detailed understanding of the import and tariff structure of your target market(s)
- Find the countries and markets where the import duties for dairy products like ice cream either do not exist or are very low. Your local export authority could help you find this information
- Find potential business partners by visiting trade shows, and attending networking events arranged by your export promotion bureau
- Discuss the local trends, tastes and competitive landscape with your potential business partner(s) in the target market
- Talk to a reliable shipping company based in your local market which could help you ship your halal ice cream to your target market without compromising on its quality, texture, etc. The shipping carrier should be able to maintain the “Ideal shipping and long-term storage temperature for ice cream.
- Buy credit insurance for your upcoming shipments. Generally, it costs less than 1% of the invoice but it may cover 90% of receivables in case the ice cream shipment gets damaged.
- Send a test shipment of halal ice cream to your distributor in the target country so that they could test the market
- keep on introducing new flavors to keep the customers engaged with you
For small ice creams manufacturers like Smoocht as mentioned earlier, the best strategy may be to start exporting their halal ice cream to smaller countries like Ethiopia which are growing fast and have a strong desire to test foreign tastes.